Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Plank of Wood

Here I sit, alone, alone,
just a lonely plank of wood.
I used to be a mighty tree in a forest,
but one by one we were all cut down.
They cut me up, bit by bit, slowly taking me apart.
First the stump,
then the branches,
next the bark,
and then I sat divided.
Reunited after a truck ride,
they called me the 2x4.
Stacked up close to the rest.
I knew that it would not last.
One by one they were taken away.
They had different purposes.
One was meant for a playground toy,
one was meant for an office building,
one was meant for a dog house.
When my day came, I didn't know what to expect.
I arrived later at quite a scene,
a skeleton was before me,
a skeleton of trees.
It was very much alive though.
It was something different I had never seen before.
In a forest, you are able to see all of our neighboring trees, but they are so distant.
Everyone here was naked, exposed, stripped to the core,
and more importantly, they were all connected.
It was something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment