Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day One

I decided that I needed a project, so for a couple of days at least I'm going to try to draw myself everyday. I don't have that much experience in art, I've taken a few classes, but I really haven't done anything significant with art in the past few years. I can't remember the last time I picked up a pencil and decided that I was going to draw.

I've been wanting to draw for a while, or at least figure out something to do, but I really have had a hard time deciding what to do. I've also wanted to start blogging, but I really don't read that many blogs so I don't know what'd be interesting to read about. So to combine the two things, I'm going to try to start writing a blog or something resembling one. More like a diary really, maybe. But it's on the internet, so maybe people will see it. I know Filipa definitely will.

My Day:

I woke up a few times at the night, 2AM, 3AM, 5AM. Each time I woke up in my addled state of mind, I had decided that I'd be better off just staying awake to go to work for 6AM. At 5, I really was getting up, but at 2 and 3, I didn't need to be up. For some reason I've been feeling stressed about waking up lately, always feeling like I'm in a hurry.

I definitely didn't sleep enough, because I woke up feeling like crap. I had been up semi-late talking to my girlfriend and playing stupid games on my phone before deciding that I really should be sleeping.

I had a dream, but I don't quite remember what it was. I remember waking up, realizing I had a dream, then trying to recall it, but forgetting almost instantly.

I contemplated taking a shower, but decided not to, and instead went to work.

Work went by quickly, I had to reset an aisle of shoes, a shoe endcap, and two bra outposts. I thought the bras would take a long time, so I decided to do the shoes first. They went by quickly, I finished both the shoe POGS by 9, and finished the rest before 10. At huddle we had to push 2 palettes of frozen goods which didn't take that long.

The rest of my day was spent pushing product back to the floor and putting up signs. We ended up finishing at 2:25, which almost never happens and so we got to go home.

Unfortunately it was raining, so I had to bike home in the rain. It wasn't great. When I got home I took a shower, then did my best not to fall asleep so I'd be able to sleep tonight.

I've been having a lot of internet connectivity problems lately, and I think it's either the router I bought or the amount of routers in the area blocking out my signal.

And then I drew, and this is what I drew.


It's an attempt at a self portrait. I don't think it's great, everything is a little off, but I figured it was good enough for a forty minute project. If I can't think of anything else to do tomorrow, I'll probably draw another one or two. This one was done from my webcam, not a picture, but I didn't move much while I was drawing it. 

I think I could do better if I wanted to spend more time on it, but really I just want to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment