Friday, November 25, 2011

Misfortune litters my mind as I read
I continue to look at it, however, trying to probe and analyze
Suddenly, self doubt. Am I the intended audience?
I pause for a moment, unsure, then continue on. 
Is it really true, could it possibly mean; this or that?
I take a step back, this is only what it means to you.
I take a step forward, this is only what it means to you.
I continue to analyze despite my best efforts
my brain sabotaging my intentions. I ponder for a second
what exactly this could all mean, then I realize I'm reading too closely
or am I? This all applies to you, and to me.
Maybe what I didn't understand about you I will now.
Maybe everything I understood about you I won't anymore.
I can't continue to look at this, every time I read another word
the thoughts in my head slip away from me and I go deeper and 
deeper into the thoughts in your head
but I'm not sure I understand so I try to go a little deeper
this is the only privacy you have left, and here I am trying
to invade it, if what I read is true then you're just as clueless as I am. 
Is it worth it to keep on going just to understand you,
or do I really want to understand you at all anyways?
I finish reading your statements and I'm filled with a sorrow and emptiness
is this what art is? Is this the proper response?
I can't tell anymore, but does it matter if I can tell anymore?
I am not the only singular person anymore because you opened up your mind
I can't be the only one who thinks like I do because you just thought like I do.
I've never felt alone before but now I feel like I should have felt alone because
I never knew anyone thought like I did
and you surprise me with every word, just like I surprise myself.
As if life wasn't a beautiful thing before
as if I wasn't misunderstood before
as if I had all the answers by myself
as if my pride hadn't allowed me to tell anyone what I thought.
I'm not a singular man anymore. I'm a human now. 
Everything makes sense and it's all clicking into place.
Now I just need to keep toe to toe with you and keep pace.
My mind is no longer my home base, because I no longer need 
to phone home when I need to think, I can just use you as a satellite
to bounce my ideas off of and have you tell them to me in a plain
and organized fashion because everything I say is just a jumble of words but everytime you open your mouth an eloquent and well constructed phrase comes out that means more than I could ever say and every word I try to put into your mouth you spit out in beautiful poetry and every word you speak to me resonates so clearly it's like a bell chiming in the wind the sound so beautiful because you know and understand at last that there's something invisible between you and I that makes it so right just to let everything come out in an organized fashion and no one can take that away.

1 comment: