Friday, December 16, 2011

There it is

I'm excited for the future,
and I'm excited for  what the future holds.

I sit for a while, thinking quietly.
I don't get to much, but the sun hasn't risen yet,
and with it, the people of the world.
It's nice to have things be slow, and not have to worry.

With each person that rises,
with them;
a thousand issues.
a million problems.
I'm not sure if it's the serenity that this quiet oneness brings,
or if it's the forgetfulness of an early morning rising.
But I feel calm inside.

It's amazing a persons capacity to juggle a million things at once.
And with each person I think of, a billion things present themselves.
A conversation with someone is like a fencing match.
And you need to constantly be aware.

Not just of your opponent, but of the fencing rules.
You can't just take the hit and whip them with your sword.
You're just not allowed, the crowd will reel in disgust and boo you away.
You can't just walk away, or it's considered losing.

You can't randomly start fighting another person, 
because one person already takes up enough energy to keep track of.

But it's hard not to. 
I feel like I'm trying to fence with 15 people at once,
trying to keep them all at bay. I want them to get bored and leave,
but it's like with every move I make, they all just get excited.

I blink sometimes, and everyone takes a free swipe.
That's one point down, one more loss to add to my score.
Despite me losing, I still have my back against the wall.
I just want to cut through, a swathe of destruction.
But every time one takes a break, two are ready to take its place.

And they won't let me leave.

And it's my fault I can't go.

And they trap me inside.







I can't break free.

No comments:

Post a Comment