Monday, December 5, 2011

Something's looking out the window
and I don't know what it is.
I stare back for a moment,
but I can't even think straight.
Am I going crazy? I wonder as I look into its vortex eyes.
Gently spinning, like something out of a movie.
I feel hypnotized by its gaze, and all of myself feels smaller.
I'm insignificant.

The beast is large, with fluffy fine fur.
The beast is beautiful with the best blue bristles.
The beast is what's important here, not me.

It leaps from the window, but I can tell it doesn't want to.
It seems forced, as if it were pushed,
but I know the only thing that pushed it was me.
I went too far, and prodded too much.
I don't even need to be in the room to destroy something beautiful.

I fancy myself good at everything.
I'm unfortunately talented.
I wish I were not. I wish I were plain, then I would have an excuse.
Then again, if I were plain, would I think I was talented?
Am I plain? I can't tell. I sat where I was sitting, thought where I was thinking.
God damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment