Friday, December 23, 2011

Curious

Staring up, lost in space.

Here we are, the two of us; lost men.
Where are we?
The grass surrounds us like snakes to a mouse. 
So full of life, the field is, I wonder if we are dead.

The wind blows, and a wholly impossible song rings out.

Suddenly, we are in a battlefield, the war drums are pulsating savagely.
Spears and swords jut up from the ground petrifyingly. 
I smile, for some reason I am reminded of the ocean.
Sand in between my toes.
I close my eyes and breathe in the air, it is salty, and it stings.
I open my eyes and am disgusted with myself.
This is what war is.
War is death.

The black symbol hangs upon a banner. 
Anarchy reigns now. 

With passion, I hold my hands high. 
None can still my blade, for I am the viper who cuts like a diamond, and floats like a feather.
Danger incarnate, yet beautiful and light.

This was all my doing, and I know it.

Still all I feel is scattered.

My head is abound, and my fears surround.



----------------------------

Just a disclaimer; I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this. I'm not even sure this qualifies as coherent on any level.

No comments:

Post a Comment